On my blog you can find featured galleries, tips and tricks for your upcoming session as well as mini session information and the occasional personal update. Feel free to comment on the post with any questions or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids are completely unpredictable. They can be so adorable and easy going and laughing uncontrollably one minute, and the next minute, turn that charm off it all completely off completely. They will typically smile for you all day long until you put them in front of a camera, then they freeze up like a deer in headlights. We want to avoid the gritted teeth and bug-eyed forced smiles during our session.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Make a list of things that your child thinks are are funny and send it to us prior to the session. This way, we can be prepared and add these things into our bag of tricks.
2. Also give us a list of icebreakers for your child. Tell us the kinds of shows they watch, music they listen to, friends’ names, favorite story, etc. This will give us something to talk to them about, and will help them to forget that they’re are in front of the camera.
3. Practice phrases at home to see which ones will evoke the best smiles from your child. Reverse psychology works really well, for example, “(Child Name) don’t look at the camera, don’t smile (Child Name)!”. It works for some and for others it does not. Please, oh please, avoid “Say cheese!” unless that really works for you child.
4. Try out a couple of jokes with them. During the session, we can ask them to tell us a joke and this will typically loosen them up as they tell it to us.
5. If there is a song that your child loves, load it up to your phone and bring it along with you, or be prepared to sing it for them during the session.
6. Bring along a bribe (such as a toy, a trip to the zoo, etc.) and show it to them, or remind them of it, during the session. Feel free to check out our blog post the power of bribery.
June 19, 2018
The best way to book a session or get in touch is by filling out the contact form. I look forward to hearing from you!
Let's get you on the calendar!
Live in the moments