Your photo session with Ashley Flug Photography is about experiencing your session and not worrying about being uncomfortable for photos. It's about feeling confident and beautiful! I want to make your session more enjoyable from start to finish.
Hello, I'm Ashley!
I am a wife, mom, lover of mexican food! Thank you so much for stopping by and wanting to read a little bit about me!
I am a natural light photographer who loves being able to tell stories with what I shoot. There is always lots of love and laughter in my sessions and I love love love that I can offer that through photos.
I grew up in chilly Minnesota where I went to college for my childhood dream, photography. Photography has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. That is all I would ever say I would be when I grew up, not knowing that I seriously would grow up to be a photographer. Score!!!
My Husband and I decided to move to Arizona when his job was opening a new location here. It was a hard decision leaving all of our family but we knew that everything would work out for us. I get to pursue my dreams while he gets to advance in his career. Why wouldn’t we move to sunny Arizona right!?! We have 3 beautiful children that definitely know how to keep me on my toes and test my patience everyday but I could not ask for anything more. I love all the messy chaos and the snuggles I get from our little munchkins and they defiantly make life worth living!
When I am not photographing, you can find me at home doing my full time job as a stay at home mommy. I will be running our oldest to and from school, watching our 2 littles running around making a mess and enjoying all their laughter. When my day finally calms down and the children are in bed you can find me snuggled up on the couch with my husband watching our favorite tv show or editing sessions.
You know we’re ready for a hot summer, but are you? Here are seven ways you can make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch.
Kids are completely unpredictable. They can be so adorable and easy going and laughing uncontrollably one minute, and the next minute, turn that charm off it all completely off completely. They will typically smile for you all day long until you put them in front of a camera, then they freeze up like a deer in headlights. We want to avoid the gritted teeth and bug-eyed forced smiles during our session.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Make a list of things that your child thinks are are funny and send it to us prior to the session. This way, we can be prepared and add these things into our bag of tricks.
2. Also give us a list of icebreakers for your child. Tell us the kinds of shows they watch, music they listen to, friends’ names, favorite story, etc. This will give us something to talk to them about, and will help them to forget that they’re are in front of the camera.
3. Practice phrases at home to see which ones will evoke the best smiles from your child. Reverse psychology works really well, for example, “(Child Name) don’t look at the camera, don’t smile (Child Name)!”. It works for some and for others it does not. Please, oh please, avoid “Say cheese!” unless that really works for you child.
4. Try out a couple of jokes with them. During the session, we can ask them to tell us a joke and this will typically loosen them up as they tell it to us.
5. If there is a song that your child loves, load it up to your phone and bring it along with you, or be prepared to sing it for them during the session.
6. Bring along a bribe (such as a toy, a trip to the zoo, etc.) and show it to them, or remind them of it, during the session. Feel free to check out our blog post the power of bribery.
It’s hot outside, but fear not. Here are some cool wardrobe tips to make sure your summer family photo session is a hit:
– Wear light fabrics that let you breath, but still look polished. It’s OK to show some skin, too. Shorts are good, as are tank tops.
– Really play up the summer accessory factor. I’m talking sun hats for the ladies and big sunglasses for all.
– You can even bring summer-appropriate props that complement your outfits. Maybe it’s a beach ball, balloons, giant lollipop or messy ice cream cone.
– Choose shoes that are comfortable and summery. Flip flops, loafers, open-toed pumps, even sweet sneakers on your kiddos.
Indigo – or deep blue – is a rich, exceedingly popular color which looks beautiful in almost any setting. Outfits with blue elements create a sense of calm and quiet – perfect for a more introverted couple or natural backdrops. Blue can be dressed up or down to fit your tastes, and can be used either as a main color or accenting in your outfits.
Cascade – Brighter than the other blues in this collection, Cascade is optimistic and playful. Soft sand tones as accents allow this special blue to shine. Cascade is another wonderful choice for those who aren’t quite sure what color would look best; it won’t let you down! A perfect color to wear for the camera.
Coral Breeze – Coral is a lovely color for photo shoots both indoor and outdoors! A long, flowy maxi dress keeps you comfortable while allowing you to show off your baby bump. Natural fiber accessories, such as a straw hat and woven bag, add casual elegance to your look. Sandals look great and feel great with long dresses and prevent your feet from overheating!
Lace Yesterday – A lovely lace dress with a flattering aline cut allow you and baby to stay cool and comfortable during the shoot! A parasol adds vintage elegance while providing shade in an outdoor session. Accessorize with a splash of color aqua looks fabulous! to add interest to your images. Flats and lowheel shoes keep you safe and comfortable.
Honey Blues – What a sweet look for the warm season! A flattering light blue cotton dress makes you the standout! Accessorize with golden tones to add warmth to the pallette. Adding a themed necklace, such as a honeybee, creates meaning and detail in your images and allows you to express the things you love. A perfect look for an outdoor shoot.
Sugar Coated – The overall effect of this look is relaxed, happy, and delicious! Candyinspired colors such as corals and bright greens interplay against an otherwise muted palette. Denim shorts keep you cool with a relaxed, breezy shirt on top. Try a surprisingly bright pair of flats to add interest and colorpop to your images!
Pink Lemonade – Ah, pink and canary yellow stripes the classic summer outfit! A relaxed rufflehemmed shirt with stripes is slimming and comfortable. Brightly colored cropped pants are playful and comfy to wear. Muted tans and greys for accessories make sure not to draw too much attention away from you, and a widebrimmed straw hat keeps you cool and looking fabulous! Flowy, stretchy fabrics feel wonderful and look great on camera.
Summer of Love – Coral and yellow solids form the base of the outfit, allowing interesting jewelry and accessories to create added detail. A flowy skirt adds a whimsical touch. Canvas accessories and shoes keep things casual. Natural fiber fabrics, such as cotton or linen, help to keep you cool in the warm sun!
In Full Bloom – A unique blend of denim, color, and florals make this outfit wonderfully fresh! Dipdyed denim shorts add a unique color gradient, matching the beachy coral sandals. A while cotton tank top allows your accessories to shine try sunglasses and a colorful necklace to bring the look together! A floral headband is just the thing to top things off adding organic detail and Summery whimsy!
Ultra Pop – A mix of quiet and loud makes this outfit a standout. Splashes of incredible, intense color create strong focal points against soft, neutral colors. Start with solid color pants and a grey tank then add color and personality with shoes and accessories! A great look for indoors or outdoors.