Your photo session with Ashley Flug Photography is about experiencing your session and not worrying about being uncomfortable for photos. It's about feeling confident and beautiful! I want to make your session more enjoyable from start to finish.
Hello, I'm Ashley!
I am a wife, mom, lover of everything photography!
I am a natural light photographer based out of Buckeye, Arizona who loves being able to tell stories with what I shoot. My goal in every... shoot is to capture those special moments, those silly quirks and those little things that make you who you are. If I can do that, then you can relive those simple, special moments in your life - or your children's lives never ... forget them.
We took a trip to Sedona to get our family photos done and I couldn’t help but grab some photos of our kiddos while we were there. Sedona is so beautiful and I just love it so much. I cannot wait to get up there again to do client sessions!
Alaire, Bella and Jr. are my life (literally, I never get a break haha) but I love their crazy chaos.
Alaire is 9 years old (almost 10 in November!!!) and in 4th grade. She thinks she is a teenager so every chance she gets she will be doing her makeup and nails and watching DIY’s on her tablet.
Bella is 5 years old and in Kindergarten. She is definitely our sassy one but that comes with the age right?! She loves having friends over for play dates and playing barbies with her big sister (when she will anyways).
Jr. is 3 years old and is at home with me all day long. He likes to play games on his tablet and beating up his big sisters, which I think is pay back from them torturing him as a baby lol.
These kiddos know how to keep me on my toes but I am thankful for them everyday. I love watching them grow and I love the bond they all have together. It is for sure a love hate relationship but they always have each others backs no matter what.
Below are my top five tips for taking on your senior portraits with grace and confidence and leaving with photos that you will love for years to come.
1. Use your eyes. Use your eyes to express emotion. When you smile naturally your whole face lights up and your eyes look bright and awake. Before the photo session practice smiling in the mirror and use different expressions to see what looks best.
2. Relax. Great photos happen when the subject is relaxed and confident. Let the excitement of your photo session show through the lens as you take a moment and breathe, relax and just have fun. You may feel silly during this process but I will do everything I can to help you feel more comfortable.
3. Breathe. This may sound obvious but breathing is key to capturing a natural look. Take time to practice taking a deep breath while smiling in front of the mirror. Slowly release the air while holding the smile and notice how your face and eyes settle into a natural and relaxed expression. Allow your eyes to “smile” by focusing on the apples of your cheeks pressing upwards. When in doubt, just breathe.
4. Move. Staying stationary can sometimes produce a very staged and cheesy look. Just because you are sitting or standing still doesn’t mean you can’t change the angle of your body to create a look that is fresh and inspired. Try leaning into the camera slightly to appear more engaged, shift your weight from left to right, or simply move your chin slightly up and down for different shots as this gives us a variety of facial expressions to work with.
5. Beautify. This goes for everyone. Ladies, spend some extra time getting your hair blown out, get your makeup done and choose an outfit that makes you look and feel your best. As for the men, take a shower and shave. When you look your best, you feel your best and when you feel your best, you are naturally more confident. Go the extra mile to walk into your senior session feeling confident, attractive, prepared, and inspired.
Once you find out your ultrasound date, contact me and schedule a reveal session. There’s nothing worse than being excited and wanting to tell the world about your little prince or princess, only to find out that your photographer is booked for the next two months and can’t get you in for adorable reveal photos. I suggest scheduling a date and a backup date in case your baby is being modest on ultrasound day. This way, if you don’t find out on the date that you thought you would, you will still have a spot reserved for when you do find out.
During your pre-session consult, we can discuss how you would like to do your reveal. I can help you brainstorm, but I also suggest looking around to find a style that you like. Do you want to use blue and pink balloons, glitter, a cake, or paint? What’s your style?
After you’ve found an idea you like, try to change it to make it your own by adding personal touches unique to you and your spouse.
If you have other children, I always love having the big brother/sister(s) involved in the photos. It makes it so much more exciting and shows the whole family together waiting in anticipation of their new family member.
This is something that is not required, but I recommend it. I love to capture the real emotion when the parents first find out the gender of their child. If you find out at your appointment, the initial surprise (sometimes shock) is over. If you’d like to wait until your session, ask your doctor not to tell you and to instead write down the gender and place it in an envelope for you. You would then give the envelope to me and I can take care of the planning. If you’re doing balloons, I can fill the box for you. If you’re having a special cake baked, you can tell me the baker and I will inform them what color to fill it with, etc. I am here to help you.